8 Reasons why getting into the spirit has been a challenge
- My youngest went to college this year and isn’t around to appreciate my enthusiasm over gifts, decorating and such.
- I don’t have a reason to buy any holiday themed snacks, ziplock bags or Press-N-Seal for a school lunch. I have put them in my cart at Target several times, only to take them back out again.
- It has been cold enough for a fire in the fireplace maybe twice. A nice rip roaring fire going sure feels like winter.
- There aren’t any school band concerts to attend. The ones where they play Sleigh Ride, my favorite holiday band song.
- We haven’t had a reason to put cookies out for Santa in a very long time. So therefore, even baking cookies becomes less exciting.
- People just don’t have holiday parties anymore. Where did all of the holiday parties go?
- Buying gifts for older kids certainly can be challenging. I know that college kids need cash more than anything but cash is such an impersonal, boring gift. And trying to get everyone’s schedule aligned for a trip is nearly impossible.
- I own my own business and have no employees. I know for a fact I will not be having an office Christmas party this year.